Dear New Eastside Ogden Families –
We are looking to renew our contract with Ai Bus Service for the 2017-2018 school year to provide bus service from our neighborhood to Ogden East and West campuses.
Ai will provide the same service as last year (depending on # of children enrolling):
- A single bus in the morning to drop off West Campus students leaving the neighborhood at 7:00 AM and returning to drop off East Campus students starting around 8:00 AM.
- A separate bus to pick up West Campus students after dismissal, and
- A separate bus that will pick up and drop off East Campus students. This bus will also provide a “late” pickup at West campus at 5:00 PM, which proceeds to East campus before heading back to the neighborhood one final time.
As you are aware, the cost per student for this bus service will be determined by dividing the total cost of the service by the number of students who are signed up to ride the bus. The cost per student can range anywhere from $1300 to $1500 per student. This is still the most economical, reliable and convenient means of transporting your children to school and back.
If you are planning to have your child/children ride this bus to school for the upcoming school year:
- Print and complete the application form:
NEW 2017_18 OPB Application Form in PDF Format or NEW 2017_18 OPB Application Form in Doc Format.
- Print, read and sign a copy of the rules and regulations, which are pages 2 and 3 of the application form. Please note that a hard copy of the application MUST be turned in. Digital copies cannot be accepted. Parents who fill out this application DO NOT need to fill out the 5pm West Campus After School Activity Shuttle application, too. OPB Students automatically qualify to ride that 5pm shuttle bus.
- Submit all three pages of the application along with a non-refundable deposit of $500 PER STUDENT in the form of a cashier’s check or money order made payable to Ai Bus Services. No personal checks will be accepted.
- Please drop off completed application, $500 cashier check/Money Order and $10 CASH (please put in envelope and make sure it’s attached to documentation) with the doorman at 450 East Waterside Drive, addressed to to Maya Tatineni, Unit 908 by June 9th.
We need your commitment by June 9th at the latest in order to secure this service for next year. If you know of other families who are considering this service, please pass on this information.
Seats will be reserved on a first come first served basis. Having more families commit early will also help us to lower the total cost per student. Total cost per student will be determined after June 8th. A follow up date to pay the remainder of the fees will be set sometime in August before the start of school.
Thank you for your cooperation!